Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bathroom Teardown

Unfortunately, the bathroom was in even worse condition than the kitchen was. So, while the sledgehammers were out for the kitchen, and while I have the advantage of not living in the house yet, I decided to take out the old bathroom as well.

The original blue floors were really nice. Too bad I couldn't save them...



I was fortunate that my friend Mat drove out to help me out this day. We worked like dogs for about 12 hours digging draining in the yard and ended the evening by smashing the tub. It was cast iron, and it took the two of us, taking turns with a sledgehammer, to break it up. We even managed to break a sledgehammer during the process.


From here, my father and I pulled up the blue floor to get down to the roots.


All that's left now is picking out a new floor, wall color, vanity, toilet, and shower....Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment