Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Making it worse before it's better...

Well, they say things will look worse before they start to look better. I can say that is the case here. We took out walls almost everywhere between the kitchen and bathroom. The reason for this was to allow access so I could run new wires and install new outlets. I want to put in under-cabinet lighting, so I needed an extra switch for that. I also needed another switch to run some spotlights outside. . I also ran a dedicated line for the dishwasher and garbage disposal. I also needed to put new sheetrock up where they had a cutout for a vent fan outside.

As you can see, there is a nice view between the kitchen and bath now.



I ran a 20A line that will be dedicated for the microwave, so the lights don't dim when it's turned on.


The picture on the right shows the wire running from the circuit breaker box across one of the rafters in the basement. It ran about 53 feet. The picture on the left was for the new dishwasher and garbage disposal line.


Some other misc outlets for dishwasher and under-cabinet lighting. You can also see the view into the kitchen from the shower.



No comments:

Post a Comment